“BLCA 240—Account Management Day-to-Day Tasks,” the fifth course in the “Life Cycle of an Account” series, is available for registration.
The two-hour class is scheduled for two presentations:
• 8:15-10:30 a.m., Thursday, March 28 HAMP 1144
• 8:15-10:15 a.m., Thursday, April 4 (this session also is available to regional campuses via Adobe Connect)
“BLCA 240” class covers appropriate backup documentation, the resources for determining if a transaction is allowable, and the records retention schedule. The presentation uses examples and case studies designed to engage the audience in discussion and enable practical application of the information presented.
To ensure a place in the classroom, staff must register. Those who wish to attend via Adobe Connect also must register. Please follow these steps to enroll:
- Click BLCA 240—Account Management Day-to-Day Tasks (also available from the Business Services Training Calendar) to open the Training Registration site.
- Choose desired section (March 28 or April 4) and click “Add to Cart.”
- Click “Checkout.”
- Sign in with Purdue career account and password.
- Verify that the registration information that displays is correct and click “Submit.”
- Verify that the section that displays is correct and click “Process Registration” to complete the registration.
All levels of staff involved in the financial management of research areas in business offices, the Comptroller area and SPS should consider attending the Life Cycle series. Interested employees should work with their supervisors to determine whether they need to attend.
Each session in the series examines a critical piece of the life cycle of an account, emphasizing the reasons behind University policies. Other classes in the series are: Cost Principles for Educational Institutions, Pre-award, Principles of Fund Establishment, Principles of Fund Establishment, Signature Delegation, Cost Sharing, Account Management Correction and Certifications, Pre-auditor Training, Non-sponsored Program Accounts, and Account Management Closings.