Whistleblower protection available to employees of government contractors, subcontractors and grant recipients has been enhanced through amendment of the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act.
As an institution receiving federal funds, Purdue is required to inform employees in writing of the rights and remedies afforded to them under the law’s whistleblower protection provisions. The Vice President for Ethics and Compliance website provides a notice containing details about the law’s extended whistleblower protection.
Business office employees who are contacted by a faculty or staff member reporting anything from the list below should refer the reporting individual to the notice.
- Gross mismanagement of a federal contract or grant
- Gross waste of federal funds
- Abuse of authority relating to a federal contract or grant
- Substantial and specific danger to public health or safety
- Violation of a law, rule or regulation related to a federal contract (including the competition for or negotiation of a contract) or grant