FMBB Upload Reminders
FMBB Upload Reminders
In anticipation of the need for numerous budget transfers containing large quantities of line items prior to yearend, the Office of Budget & Fiscal Planning would like to remind Business Office staff that the FMBB Upload Process is available to assist with these types of transactions. Two quick reference cards, Preposting Transfers (Transfer FMBB Upload QRC) and Preposting Budget Supplement (Supplement FMBB Upload QRC), provide step-by-step instruction on how to complete the FMBB Upload Template, how to upload the completed template and how to print the preposted FMBB. Both QRCs, along with the FMBB Upload Template, can be found at the link provided below. Links to the individual documents can be found in the Helpful Links section under Forms and QRCs on the far right of the screen.
In addition, BFP would like to offer the following helpful tips to ensure the uploaded documents are preposted successfully.
- Do not change the formatting on the FMBB Upload Template.
- Item Number – Each line of data entered into the template must include an item number. The item numbers should begin with one and continue consecutively for each line of data entered.
- Sign – When entering data for a transfer, the sign must be entered as negative on the sending line and positive on the receiving line. When entering data for a supplement, sign should be left blank.
- Amount – All amounts should be entered without commas. When entering data for a supplement, the amount should be entered with a minus sign (-) if funds are being transferred from the budgeted account.
- When copying data from a file other than the template and pasting the data into the template, select Paste Options > Paste Special > Paste Values > Values rather than Paste. Paste Values will remove commas and formulas from the data.
- Prior to saving the template as a Text (Tab delimited) file (.txt) as directed on the QRCs, save the file as an Excel Workbook (.xlsx).
- If an error is received during the upload process, the line referenced in the error pertains to the corresponding line on the .txt file rather than the .xlsx file. Refer to the .txt file to investigate the error.
- Errors should be corrected in the .xlsx file. A new .txt file should be saved from the updated .xlsx file. Errors should not be corrected in the .txt file.
- Once the .txt file is saved, close the document. The file cannot be uploaded if it is open.
- After uploading the file, note the FMBB document number.
- Prior to searching for the document number in the FMBB tcode, make sure that the FMBB screen is merged, rather than split.
BFP is hopeful that this information proves beneficial during the preparation of final budget transfers for FY14. Any questions regarding the FMBB Upload Process should be directed to Tammy Lineback at firstname.lastname@example.org or at extension 47135.
Tammy Lineback, Budget Operations Assistant, Office of Budget & Fiscal Planning, 47135|