The Payroll Appointment Service Center is teaching “TALX 200—Completing Electronic I-9 Forms” for employees responsible for completing I-9 forms for new hires via the online I-9 service, TALX. The 3 1/2-hour class is scheduled for 8:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Tuesday, Mar. 12 in FREH 104, the training lab located on the first floor of Freehafer Hall.
The federal government requires an I-9 form be completed and filed for newly hired and rehired employees to verify their eligibility to work in the United States. “TALX 200” is an introduction to the electronic I-9 service. The class teaches step-by-step directions for completing the form’s sections 2 and 3, closing e-Verify cases when work is authorized, and completing electronic I-9s in various scenarios and different residency statuses. The class also defines residency status and various identifying documentation. Staff who have attended a session previously need not attend again.
Participants can ensure their place in the class by following these steps to enroll:
1. Click TALX 200—Completing Electronic I-9 Forms to open the Training Registration site.
2. Click “Add to Cart” for the Mar. 12 section and wait for a new page to display.
3. Click “Checkout.”
4. Sign in with Purdue career account and password.
5. Verify that the registration information that displays is correct and click “Submit.”
6. Verify that the date that displays is correct and click “Process Registration” to complete the registration.
Please direct questions and comments about this class to a member of the Business Services Training and Communications (BSTC) team at BSTCHelp@purdue.edu.